Sunday, June 27, 2010

Awesome workout with great friends!

Today my friends and I completed the first workout DVD in the Insanity Series by Shaun T. We were sweating and breathing hard, partially due to the fact that it is 110 degrees outside, but also because this is a seriously "insane" cardio workout. We consumed many cups of water and had to take an extended break between the 2nd and 3rd circuit due to the high intensity of the workout. I frequently find my heart rate exceeding the 150's during the Insanity workouts, but with the built in 30 second rest periods after each circuit, my heart rate quickly lowers for a recovery period. Thank goodness!
I really enjoy this workout series because it films real people showing authentic fatigue, taking rest breaks when needed. Not everyone is a machine, thank goodness. For my own personal workouts I like to trade off between the Insanity and Jillian Michael DVD's. I have seen good results from both, although Insanity really pushes the cardio envelope by using your own body weight and strength.

No comments: